Dear marching band member and parent,
The purpose of this letter is to provide you with information concerning the Campbell University Competition this Saturday. Please note that this is a much EARLIER SHOW than usual. Also, note that students WILL NOT be receiving a meal from our band boosters for this show; they will need to bring a meal to eat at school in the morning following their rehearsal and a meal or money for concessions if they want something after our performance. Our boosters will have snacks and drinks available, but no full meal.
CAMPBELL UNIVERSITY COMPETITION
Saturday, Oct. 14, 2023
7:45 am Report to Athens
8:00 am Rehearsal in Stadium
9:15 am Return to band room: load, change, eat (BRING LUNCH)
10:30 am Inspection (in ½ uniform)
10:45 am Depart for CU (via activity bus)
Noon Arrive CU -Visit restrooms; change into full uniform
12:50 pm Warm-up
2:00 pm PERFORMANCE
2:30 pm Change, load, concessions
4:30 pm Awards Ceremony
5:15 pm Depart CU
6:30 pm Arrive on Athens Drive
Important Competition Day Logistics
1) Students must remain on campus between our rehearsal and inspection; there will not be enough time for students to safely leave campus.
2) The students will be wearing their uniform shoes, black socks, bibs, and uniform tee shirt on the bus ride to Campbell. Students will be permitted to change out of the full uniform following their performance.
3) Bring something healthy to eat and drink for lunch following our rehearsal at school. Please choose wisely; a light, healthy meal is best.
4) Bring a complete change of clothes to wear after our performance plus a meal or money for concessions.
5) We enthusiastically invite all parents, family, and friends to travel to Campbell University to enjoy our performance and route on our band! YOUR PRESENCE MAKES A DIFFERENCE! The trip is reasonable with respect to time—about 45 minutes (by car) and the stadium is high allowing the audience to really enjoy the choreography.
6) If you are planning to attend the competition and would like to drive your child home, please submit a written request. In general, I like to keep the students together throughout the entire event.
7) The Campbell Competition begins at noon. We are in Class AA, which begins at 1:40 pm with Clinton H.S., Athens Drive, and Green Hope H.S. There is a AAA Class which includes Overhills H.S., Midway H.S., and Cleveland H.S