Dear marching band member and parent,
WOW!!! WHAT A SPECTACULAR PERFORMANCE OUR MARCHING BAND GAVE LAST SATURDAY EVENING AT WEST CRAVEN HIGH SCHOOL! I was so impressed with our marching band the entire day, from warm-ups at the school through the awards ceremony and the trip home. Thank you to all our parents who served throughout the day—from providing meals to hauling props and equipment! It truly takes a village to support a marching band and you did it very well!
And on top of everything, our band won FIRST PLACE IN CLASS and HIGH PERCUSSION AND DRUM MAJOR(S) OF THE DAY!!! Woo-hoo!!!
The purpose of this letter is to provide you with information concerning the Clinton H.S. Competition this Saturday. [You will note that it is very similar to last week’s competition.]
Parents: Please consider volunteering to assist with after school practices or Saturday’s competition by visiting the sign up linksign up link.
CLINTON H.S. COMPETITION
Saturday, Oct. 7, 2023
- 11:15am Report to Athens
- 11:30am Rehearsal in Stadium
- 1:00pm Return to bandroom: load, change, eat (BRING LUNCH)
- 2:30pm Inspection (in ½ uniform)
- 2:45pm Depart for CHS (via activity bus)
- 4:30pm Arrive CHS -Visit restrooms; change into full uniform
- 5:35pm Warm-up
- 6:40pm PERFORMANCE
- 7:15pm Change, load, eat dinner (provided by boosters)
- 9:00pm Awards Ceremony
- 10:00pm Depart CHS
- 11:45pm Arrive Athens Drive
Important Competition Day Logistics
1) Students must remain on campus between our rehearsal and inspection; there will not be enough time for students to safely leave campus.
2) The students will be wearing their uniform shoes, black socks, bibs, and uniform show shirt on the bus ride to Clinton. Students will be permitted to change out of the full uniform following the awards ceremony.
3) Bring something healthy to eat and drink for lunch following our rehearsal. Please choose your dinner wisely; a light, healthy meal is best.
4) Bring a complete change of clothes for the bus ride back to Raleigh.
5) Our boosters will provide a meal for the students following our performance.
6) We enthusiastically invite all parents, family, and friends to travel to Clinton to enjoy our performance and route on our band! YOUR PRESENCE MAKES A DIFFERENCE! The trip is reasonable with respect to time—about 1.5 hr—and the stadium is high allowing the audience to really enjoy the choreography.
7) If you are planning to attend the competition and would like to drive your child home, please submit a written request to Doc. In general, I like to keep the students together throughout the entire event.
8) The Clinton Competition begins at 2:00pm. We are in Class AAAA, which begins at 6:00pm with Jack Britt H.S., followed by Overhills H.S., Athens Drive H.S. and Dixon H.S. There is a AAAAA Class which includes Midway H.S. and Topsail H.S.
***OUR PERFORMANCE TIME FOR THE CAMPBELL UNIVERSITY COMPETITION NEXT SATURDAY IS 2:00PM!!! The entire event will conclude by 5:00pm. It will be an early day, but you’ll have the evening free😊
***THE RALEIGH CHRISTMAS PARADE IS BACK ON (November 18th…minus motorized vehicles)!