CURRENT COMMITTEE CHAIR or INTERESTED in becoming one?
— If so, you are invited to attend —
Committee Chair Orientation – Thursday, September 6th @ 6:00 pm
We will have our Committee Chair Orientation on Thursday, September 6th at 6:00 p.m. in the band room. The parent/booster meeting will follow at 7:30 pm. All committee chairs should plan to attend, if possible. In addition, we welcome those who would like to become a committee chair! WannaBe, new, and experienced Committee Chairs will hopefully all learn something and our experienced committee chairs can help guide and advise newer chairs!
Agenda Items include:
– Understanding the Booster/Parent organization so that you know how your committee fits into the bigger picture
– Resources available to you as committee chairs
– Communications – how to best utilize the many communications tools we have
– Financial – how to make sure workers earn credits, know about your committee’s budget, submit expenses, etc.
– And more!
There are nearly 60 committees with 90+ Committee Chairs/Co-Chairs and yet we still need your help! Several of our committees need Chairs/Co-Chairs or trainees (current leaders will graduate in the spring). Chairing a committee is a terrific way to help the band program, get to know other band families, and have a fun time! Please consider helping as a committee chair, co-chair or learn from an experienced committee chair as a trainee!
Committee Chairs/Co-Chairs/Trainees Needed – No experience necessary:
– BBQ Co-Chair Trainee: During the Fall and Spring assist with one of our biggest fundraisers. With the BBQ coming up in Oct., now is a great time to get in on the planning.
– Uniforms Co-Chair Trainee: We have several wonderful ladies leading this committee this year but they need someone who is interested in training to become a co-chair next year. No sewing experience necessary! You just have to be organized and enjoy working with the kids! They will teach you the rest!
– Senior Recognition Chair: Senior Night is Friday October 19th. This committee chair will serve as a liaison between the Jag Club (organizes Senior Night) and senior band parents to make a smooth and successful senior night for our band seniors. We have some information to get you started!
– Trip Planning Trainee: This trainee will work with the presidents to help with any future trips and will learn all the tips and tricks for planning a smooth and economical band adventure.
– Cary Music and Arts Festival Trainee: Work with experienced band parent John Wakeford and learn how to coordinate the band’s participation in this community wide event held in April at Koka Booth Amphitheatre.
– And more: There are a few other committees that need a chair/co-chair/trainee as well. Talk to us and we’ll help you find the right committee to fit your schedule, interests, and talents!
We hope to see all our committee leaders and anyone considering a committee chair/co-chair/trainee position at the Committee Chair Orientation on Thursday! Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
When everyone does a piece, no one is overwhelmed.
Michaele & Suella
Co-Presidents ADHS Band