Just a few more weeks left of the school year–but they are loaded with several music performances and events!
1) Our Spring Concert II will be held next Tuesday, May 21 at 7:00pm. Featured groups will be our Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble. This will be the final performance by our seniors… Concert Band students will receive extra credit for attending!
2) Marching Band registration is due Friday, June 7. To access registration, click on Register for 2019-2020 Marching Band (in red ) at the top of our Home Page.
All students must complete the WCPSS Consent and Medical Form and turn in by June 7th. NEW members must also complete the WCPSS Athletic Participation Form that requires a physical. The Athletic Participation Form is not due until band camp in late July. Both of these forms can be found under “Forms” (in the menu on the left side of our web page). Thank you for helping us keep everyone safe!
Forms can be turned in to Doc or to the Athens Drive HS front office.
3) Our Spring Band Banquet will be held Sunday, June 2 from 1:30-4:30 in the cafeteria. All band members, including those in concert groups, winter guard, indoor percussion, jazz ensemble, and marching band are urged to attend. At the conclusion of the event, we will show our annual slide show recapping our year. It is also a wonderful way to say “goodbye” to our seniors and their families.
4) I am teaching guitar this summer as I have in past years. Please contact me if you are interested in taking these series of lessons designed for beginners through intermediate players. It’s a wonderful way to experience music through a different medium. The guitar is a wonderful harmonic and melodic instrument that is portable, quiet when necessary, and can be a friend for a lifetime:)
5) Our Symphonic Band and the juniors and sophomores in our Wind Ensemble will be performing for GRADUATION on Wednesday evening, June 12th. Report time to Athens will be 6:00pm, Graduation at the Convention Center is 8:00pm, and we’ll be back to Athens by 10:00pm. Dress is formal black/tie like our concerts. I’ll send a separate letter about this in a few weeks.
Thank you for everything you do to make our kids and program so wonderful!