October 15, 2018
Dear marching band student and parent,
Okay, let’s try this again… The purpose of this letter is to provide information concerning our FIFTH AND FINAL HOME FOOTBALL GAME this Friday and our 3rd COMPETITION at WESTERN ALAMANCE H.S. this Saturday.
SENIOR RECOGNITION FOOTBALL GAME (ATHENS VS. CARY H.S.)
Friday, October 19, 2018
Report to ADHS band room 5:20pm
-Change into full uniform
-Secure all equipment/music, etc.
Warm-up in front parking area 6:00pm
-Eighth graders report to band room
Walk to staging area 6:25pm
March to stadium 6:40pm
Game begins 7:00pm
Halftime performance @7:50pm
-Including Senior Recognition Ceremony
Dismissal (at flagpole near gym entrance) 9:45pm
Students will be wearing their FULL UNIFORM for this game! Please remember to bring your black socks. Students may wear any shirt under the uniform; however, you MUST WEAR A SHIRT! At competitions, when we ½ dress, we always wear our show shirt. Students will need their flip folders and lyres; they should also bring a small amount of money for drinks/snacks following their performance.
We will have our senior recognition ceremony at the beginning of halftime. All senior parents/guardians/guests should plan to come to the front track to line-up when the band exits the stands (around 6:00 left in 2nd quarter). After you are announced with your senior, we will invite you to stand on the sidelines and watch our halftime performance… very up-close and personal! Thank you for all your support over these 4 years! What an adventure we’ve enjoyed!
WESTERN ALAMANCE H.S. COMPETITION
(aka Central N.C. Band Festival)
Saturday, October 20, 2018
Report to Athens* 12:30pm
Rehearsal in new stadium 12:45pm
Return to bandroom; eat; change; load equipment 2:30pm
Inspection in senior lot (in 1/2 uniform) 4:15pm
Travel to W. Alamance H.S. via activity busses 4:30pm
Eat dinner (provided by boosters) 6:00pm
Warm-up begins 7:10pm
Awards Ceremony 9:10pm
Depart W. Alamance H.S. 10:15pm
Arrive Athens Drive 11:45pm
*Field Crew please report earlier to help set up (12:15pm).
Important Competition Day Logistics
1) Please plan to remain on-campus between our rehearsal and inspection as there will likely not be enough time for students to safely leave ADHS. PLEASE BRING A SNACK/LUNCH FOR AFTER REHEARSAL.
2) The students will be wearing their uniform shoes, black socks, bibs and “Be a Sport” Show Shirt for the bus ride to WAHS. Please wear a lightweight type of shorts under the uniform so that you can change out of the uniform outside near our semi-trailer.
3) The boosters will provide a meal for the students when they arrive on the campus of WAHS.
4) Before we leave WAHS, students may change into more comfortable clothes for the bus ride home.
5) Our boosters will provide a light snack for the students’ ride back to Raleigh.
6) Please consider making the journey to WAHS to root on our band! It’s not that far away (compared to where we’ve been and our trip to Charlotte next week) and it’s a nice, “homey” competition. Your presence really makes a difference! And remember, WE NEED HELP MOVING EQUIPMENT!!!
7) You will find the schedule attached.
1) Next week, we will be performing at 4:40pm at Porter Ridge H.S. and at 8:30pm at Providence H.S.
2) We are NOT planning to reschedule the Fall Chamber Concert; rather, the kids can play before our Choral Concert on 10/25 (in the gym lobby from 6:30-7:00pm) or before our Fall Concert on 11/8. Just too much going on!
3) Thank you to everyone connected with the State Fair Parking Fundraiser. This is a HUGE fundraiser for us! Your efforts make our dreams come true!
Hope to see you at the game or competition!