Throughout the year, we provide fill-in staff for concessions at the PARCC – Performing Arts and Raleigh Convention Center and occasionally, Red Hat Amphitheater. Depending upon the event and location, we serve concessions, including quick serve items, prepacked items, and alcohol. For most events at these venues, workers must be adults. There may occasionally be events at which students will be eligible to work. Sign-ups will be handled via email from the Athens Drive Band PAARC Coordinator.
Individual Band Account Credits
Working for the PARCC credits your band account $8 per hour worked. Working at this venue does not count toward service credits. Event length varies and will be posted on the Volunteer Signup for each event.
Positions and Signups
Sign-ups will be handled via email from the Athens Drive Band PAARC Coordinator. After you request a specific spot, the coordinator will confirm the spot with Centerplate management. After confirmation has been received, you will be notified that the spot is definite.
Workers may be asked to assist with counting money or inventory, setting up, and cleaning up. Most stands/positions are small, requiring only 1-3 workers during a shift. Working as fill-ins, we have no minimum staffing requirements and individuals can choose to work events that fit their schedules. Shift length varies and will be posted with notifications of available spots.
- STUDENT SLOTS: Students slots will occasionally be available, depending upon the event. Details for student slots will be announced via e-mail when they become available.
- ADULT SLOTS: Workers signed up in adult slots must be at least 18 years old, TIPS trained, and no longer a student at Athens Drive High School.
ARRIVAL TIME: Arrival time varies by event.
- ALCOHOL SALES/TRAINING: Depending upon the venue, event, and stand, alcohol may be sold. All alcohol sales, and therefore all events selling alcohol, are to be run only by adults. Adults wishing to work events are required to attend a Centerplate alcohol/TIPS and venue training session, unless otherwise noted in the event notification. TIPS training sessions will be offered several times throughout the year. TIPS training is valid for 3 years.
- Black pants with a belt, ankle length and free of patches, rips, stains, patterns, and fading. Baggy pants, tight fitting or spandex type materials are NOT PERMITTED
- Black button up shirt
- Black shoes and socks – sturdy, non-slip, closed toe shoes (black sneakers are acceptable). Sandals, high heels, flip flops, crocs, ballet slippers, etc – NOT ALLOWED
- Hat and apron will be provided
Free parking is provided in the parking deck located at: 1 East Lenoir Street (the underground parking deck located under the Marriott City Center). Follow these steps:
- Pull a ticket when entering the deck and keep it in your car.
- Ask your supervisor for a “chaser ticket” upon arriving for your shift.
- When exiting the deck you will first put the ticket you pulled when arriving into the machine and it will give you a total for how much your parking costs. At this point insert your second “chaser ticket” which you received from your supervisor and the gate will open for you to exit at no cost.
Cancellation Policy and Dismissal Policy
Please understand that when people do not show up for their shift or sign up in a slot they are not eligible to work (not age-eligible or properly trained), it affects both the workers at the stand and anyone who wanted to work but could not find a slot. Therefore, the following policies are in place:
- Cancellation Policy: If you find you cannot work a shift you signed up for, please contact the coordinator as soon as possible. In the event that Centerplate charges the Band Boosters a penalty for a volunteer’s failure to work, your band account will be charged for the amount of the penalty.
- Dismissal Policy: If someone is signed up to work in a spot for which they are not eligible and they are denied the opportunity to work by the fundraising venue, your account will be charged the amount that would have been made had the shift been worked.
Click for: Instructions for PARCC Volunteers