The PNC Arena fundraiser is year-round, but our busiest times are September through June. We have assigned Dip-n-Dots and Ice Cream carts at the PNC Arena at all Carolina Hurricanes games and NCSU Basketball games. We work other special events and often pick up additional carts, like Pretzels or more Dip-n-Dots, when available. PNC will allow 1 student age 16+ to work at the cart per shift.
Doors open one hour before event start times. Leads are required to show up 45 minutes prior to the doors opening and Workers to show up 30 minutes prior to the doors opening. Leads are responsible for the paperwork and the money. Each cart has a Lead. Inventory is taken before and after each event. There are PNC floor managers who will help our group leaders if needed.
Cancellation Policy for Non-Stand by Spots
If you cancel within 5 business days of your shift and do not find a replacement, your band account will be charged the amount that you would have made had you worked the shift. Please understand, when people do not show up for their shift or cancel at the last minute, it affects both the workers at the stand and anyone who wanted to work, but could not find a slot.
Individual Band Account Credits
Working the PNC Arena Fundraiser credits your band account at the following level:
- $50 for Leads
- $40 for Workers
- $45 Leader-in-Training (can be used twice per person)
Workers are encouraged to become a leader at our cart. If you are interested in training to become a leader, please contact one of the PNC Arena co-chairs (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will go over this training with you.
DRESS CODE (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
PNC approves dress code as part of the contract agreement. The dress code is strictly enforced. If PNC sends you home because you did not follow the dress code, your band account will be charged the amount you would have earned had you worked.
- Volunteers must wear black slacks or pants, NO JEANS, NO CORDUROYS and NO CARGO PANTS and NO SPANDEX-LIKE PANTS.
- Volunteers must wear black closed toed, rubber soled shoes. NO other color can be on the shoes.
- Volunteers must wear a blue polo, TUCKED IN. PNC has approved the band’s current blue polo (with or without a logo) or moisture wick polo. Contact email@example.com to order. No other shirt is provided.
- Volunteers must wear a black hats. This can be a plain back cap or the black band cap. If you need a black cap, please take one from the Athens Drive band locker in the PNC men’s or women’s locker room. Your band account will be charged $2.00 for the hat the first time you work. You will keep that hat and use it for future PNC events. NO other hat may be worn.
- Volunteers must wear an ADHS apron. This apron is provided for your use at each event.
- Volunteers may wear a short-sleeved white or black shirt underneath their blue polo.
- If cold-natured, a black long sleeve shirt worn underneath your blue polo is permitted.
Parking and Sign In (Chair will send detailed instructions prior to each event)
- Park in Lot C (off Trinity Road) – tell the attendant you are working with the Athens Drive Band (see parking map link at bottom of this page)
- Walk or ride the cart to North Entrance (see parking map link at bottom of this page)
- Check-in at doors (see PNC Mezzanine map link at bottom of this page)
- Go to the locker for hat/apron and to leave coats, bags, etc.
- Once you are 100% ready to work, go around the corner to the right for volunteer sign in (3 ring binder with sign-in sheet) – if leader, pick up tags
- Workers proceed to the stand (via the stairs)
- Leaders go downstairs for clipboard and cash before proceeding upstairs. When you are transporting cash, you must use elevators.
- Cell phones must stay on vibrate and are allowed out in view only by the Lead and only to verify staff or to contact a PNC manager until the doors open.
- After the doors are open, cell phones are not allowed by anyone in any area of the PNC Arena except the Mezzanine Level and, in an emergency, a bathroom stall on any other level.
- If your family must reach you in an emergency, have them call PNC Security at 919-861-2345.
B.A.R.S Training is NO LONGER REQUIRED for our group as cart sales do not require this training. The training is available if you would like to attend. Please contact the chairperson for training dates.
Click for: Parking Map
Click for: PNC Mezzanine Map
To sign up to help: Online Volunteer Signups