Good morning everyone. Please take note of the information below from our Assistant Principal, Mr. Katz regarding band students returning supplies tomorrow.
Yahoo! Communications Team
Here is what I would like to see on Thursday regarding band students returning instruments:
- We will need at least two people at the entrance to the band hallway (cafeteria entrance/exit area) ensuring that we keep social distancing guidelines while equipment is returned
- Parents/students enter through the gym lobby and make their way to the cafeteria (Attendance Hallway entrance)
- Students/ parents with items to be returned to the band room will go through the cafeteria and exit through the cafeteria exit adjacent to the serving lines and enter the band hallway (this is where we need to set up a table with at least two people there to direct students and keep people socially distant- I will have spots designated on the floor and Mr. Warren will ensure that we don’t get a back up into the cafeteria)
- Equipment that is returned has to remain untouched for 5 days- I would suggest that you designate areas to store the items until the 5 day period expires
- Students/parents will exit through the band hallway/trailer area doorway, please make sure that people are not gathering around outside the hallway entrance/exit. I understand that the kids have not seen each other in a while and will certainly want to catch up but we can’t let them congregate. I do not want us to be responsible for an infections “spike” in our community.
Thank you for communicating your circumstances and taking the steps to ensure that we have a smooth and safe day on Thursday.
Assistant Principal for Instruction
Athens Drive Magnet High School
Center for Medical Sciences and Global Health Initiatives
1420 Athens Drive
Raleigh, NC 27606
Phone: (919) 233-4050, Extension 24887
Fax:( 919) 670-4454