Dear marching band student and parent,
The purpose of this letter is to provide information concerning our LAST HOME FOOTBALL GAME this Friday and our 4th COMPETITION at UNION PINES H.S. this Saturday.
SENIOR RECOGNITION FOOTBALL GAME
(ATHENS VS. PANTHER CREEK H.S.)
Friday, October 25, 2019
Report to ADHS band room 5:30pm
-Change into full uniform
-Secure all equipment/music, etc.
Warm-up in junior parking area 6:00pm
-Eighth graders report to band room
Walk to staging area 6:20pm
March to stadium 6:35pm
Game begins 7:00pm
Halftime performance @7:50pm
-Including Senior Recognition
Dismissal (at flagpole near gym entrance) 9:45pm
Students will be wearing their FULL UNIFORM for this game! Please remember to bring your black socks. Students may wear any shirt under the uniform; however, you MUST WEAR A SHIRT! [I would advise NOT wearing our show shirt to keep it fresh for Saturday.] Students will need their flip folders and lyres; they should also bring a small amount of money for drinks/snacks following their performance.
We will be honoring our seniors at the beginning of halftime, followed by performing most of our show. Seniors and their parents/guardians will line-up on the home-side track midway through the second quarter of the game (when the band departs the stands) so that we can be ready to begin the ceremony at the very beginning of halftime.
UNION PINES H.S. MARCHING BAND COMPETITION
Saturday, Oct. 26, 2019
Report to Athens* 1:15pm
Rehearsal in NEW STADIUM 1:30pm
Rehearsal concludes 3:00pm
-Change into bibs and show shirt
Inspection (senior parking lot) 4:15pm
Depart for UPHS (via activity bus) 4:30pm
-Eat dinner in route (on own)
Arrive UPHS 5:45pm
-Receive healthy snack provided by boosters
-Change into full uniform, warm-up
Change into comfortable clothes,
load instruments and equipment 8:15pm
Awards Ceremony 8:45pm
-Receive snack for trip home
Depart Midway H.S. 10:00pm
Arrive Athens Drive 11:30pm
*Field crew reports to Athens 12:45pm
Important Competition Day Logistics
1) BRING A HEALTHY DINNER—INCLUDING BEVERAGE—TO EAT ON THE WAY TO UNION PINES H.S. THE BOOSTERS WILL BE PROVIDING A SNACK UPON ARRIVAL AT UNION PINES H.S. AND A SECOND SNACK BEFORE DEPARTURE.
2) We will travel to Union Pines H.S. in our bibs and show shirts (1/2 uniform). However, BRING A COMPLETE CHANGE OF CLOTHES to change into after our performance.
3) WE NEED PARENTS TO HELP US WITH MOVING EQUIPMENT TO AND FROM THE FIELD. It’s like church: it’s much more fun to PARTICIPATE than to sit in the pew! Please remember that our band represents our entire band community, as well as the community of Athens Drive. We want to show the world what a great FAMILY we are! Plus, it’s fun to hang around the semi-trailer (“big blue”) and just look cool! …And they’ve got a flat-screened TV in there! …And you might make a friend or two.
4) YOUR PRESENCE MAKES A DIFFERENCE! Whether you can participate or not, PLEASE ATTEND THIS PERFORMANCE! It’s really fairly close by—less than 1 hour by car!
5) I have attached the entire schedule for the competition—I would encourage you to arrive early and stick around to watch the other fine bands performing!
As always, THANK YOU for all you do for our kids and our band program!