October 11, 2018
Dear marching band student and parent,
The purpose of this letter is to provide information concerning our FOURTH HOME FOOTBALL GAME this Friday (tomorrow, 10/12) as well as information concerning past and upcoming events.
HOMECOMING FOOTBALL GAME (ATHENS VS. GREEN HOPE H.S.)
Friday, October 12, 2018
Report to ADHS band room 5:20pm
-Change into full uniform
-Secure all equipment/music, etc.
Warm-up in front parking area 6:00pm
-Eighth graders report to band room
Walk to staging area 6:25pm
March to stadium 6:40pm
Game begins 7:00pm
Halftime performance @7:50pm
-Including Homecoming Court Presentation
Dismissal (at flagpole near gym entrance) 9:45pm
Students will be wearing their FULL UNIFORM for this game! Please remember to bring your black socks. Students may wear any shirt under the uniform; however, you MUST WEAR A SHIRT! [At competitions, when we ½ dress, we always wear our show shirt.] Students will need their flip folders and lyres; they should also bring a small amount of money for drinks/snacks following their performance.
1) THANK YOU to everyone—students, parents, alumni, etc. for all you help with loading/unloading/hauling equipment, chaperoning, and the like for our first 2 competitions! Many directors commented how impressed they were with our parent involvement. I am so proud of all of you and the performances have been terrific! We have won “Runner-Up Grand Champion” in both contests (2nd highest overall score). And although that is not as glamorous as “Grand Champion,” it certainly reveals how good we are Cherish everything! We’ve got 4 more competitions and we’re only going to get better!
2) The Fall Chamber Concert that was cancelled due to the hurricane on October 11th may or may not be rescheduled. There are a number of factors that I need to look into before we are able to commit to another date. We do have a wonderful Fall Concert coming up on November 8th and our Winter Chamber Concert in February. Yes, the kids were ready to perform but they grew stronger as musicians in the preparation…we’ll see!
3) Each marching band student will have their picture taken during school on Monday, Oct. 15 or Tuesday, Oct. 16. If the student is enrolled in a class band, they will have their picture taken during that time; other students can have their picture taken during lunch or immediately after school. There is NO FINANCIAL COMMITMENT necessary to have the picture taken; all students will be shown on our annual composite pictures which are displayed in the band hallway. The person who takes our pictures does a wonderful job; any support to purchase pictures from her would be most appreciated!
4) The marching band will be marching for the Military Parade at the State Fair next Wednesday, October 17th at 11:00am. I will be sending home information under separate cover. Mr. Mares has approved their absences from classes 2nd and 3rd period. It is an honor for our band to pay service to the men and women who protect the freedoms that we all enjoy. All marching students will be participating in full uniform!
5) Our last home football game of the season will be next Friday, Oct. 19th during which we will be honoring our SENIORS and their parents (during halftime before our show). Seniors—please be sure to complete the questionnaire sent via email for the halftime announcement.
6) We will be performing at 8:00pm at the Western Alamance Competition next Saturday, Oct. 20th.
Once again, thank you so much for all you do for our kids and our band program! Stay safe and I hope to see many of you at our football game tomorrow evening!