Dear Marching Band Student and Parent,
The purpose of this letter is to provide information concerning our HOME FOOTBALL GAME this Friday and
our 3rd COMPETITION at WHITE OAK H.S… this Saturday.
HOMECOMING FOOTBALL GAME (ATHENS VS. GREENHOPE H.S.) – Friday, October 11, 2019
Report to ADHS band room 5:30pm
Change into full uniform
Secure all equipment/music, etc.
Warm-up in junior parking area 6:00pm
Eighth graders report to band room
Walk to staging area 6:20pm
March to stadium 6:35pm
Game begins 7:00pm
Halftime performance @7:50pm
Including Homecoming Ceremony
(at flagpole near gym entrance)
Students will be wearing their FULL UNIFORM for this game! Please remember to bring your black socks. Students may wear any shirt under the uniform; however, you MUST WEAR A SHIRT! (I would advise NOT wearing our show shirt to keep it fresh for Saturday.)
Students will need their flip folders and lyres; they should also bring a small amount of money for drinks/snacks following their performance.
WHITE OAK H.S. COMPETITION – Saturday, October 12, 2019
(Field Crew please report to help set up 11:15am)
Report to Athens 11:45am
Rehearsal in new stadium Noon
Return to band room; 1:30pm
eat; change; load equipment
Inspection in senior lot 2:45pm
Depart for White Oak H.S. via activity busses 3:00pm
Arrive WOHS 5:30pm
Eat dinner (provided by boosters)
Awards Ceremony 9:45pm
Depart White Oak H.S. 10:30pm
Arrive Athens Drive 1:00am
Important Competition Day Logistics
- Please plan to remain on-campus between our rehearsal and inspection as there will likely not be enough time for students to safely leave ADMHS. PLEASE BRING A SNACK/LUNCH FOR AFTER REHEARSAL.
- The students may wear clothing of choice to White Oak HS. These may be the same clothing that you wear on the way back to Raleigh; however, you may wish to bring a sweater/light jacket.
- The boosters will provide a meal for the students when they arrive on the campus of WOHS.
- Our boosters will provide a light snack for the students’ ride back to Raleigh.
- This is a very well-established competition and the ECU Marching Pirates will be performing in exhibition shortly before the awards ceremony. Please consider making the journey to see your child perform – plus we need parents to help with props! It’s about a 2-hour journey by car…and hey, you can go down earlier and visit the BEACH! (Or, if you want to stay the evening and visit the coast on Sunday, just write me a note!)
- The full schedule is attached!
- We will NOT have a marching rehearsal on Thursday, Oct. 17th as this is the evening of our Fall Chamber Concert. Please consider attending this concert which begins at 7:00pm and features the members of our Wind Ensemble. This year, the concert will be held in our cafeteria. We’ll be serving drinks (e.g.coffee) and snacks (e.g.“Deweys” bakery items) to be enjoyed DURING the concert. I anticipate that the entire concert will be about an hour in length…really! Students in Symphonic Band and Concert Band will receive “extra credit” for attending.
- Enjoy your FREE WEEKEND next week!!! Woo-hoo! You have certainly earned it!
- Thank you to everyone connected with the State Fair Parking Fundraiser. This is a HUGE fundraiser for us! Your efforts make our dreams come true!
Hope to see you at the game and/or competition!