I am excited to inform you that our Marching Band has been invited to perform for the National Memorial Day Parade in Washington D.C. on May 25, 2020! After reviewing the trip with our booster board, we have decided to accept the invitation. Our band performed at this event in 2013 and had a wonderful experience. The students get the opportunity to visit one of the most noted areas of our country during a holiday dedicated to patriotism, and they actually get to perform among such famous landmarks as the Washington Memorial and White House. This letter includes important information regarding the trip as well as a payment schedule and a tentative itinerary. In surveying the attached information, please note the following:
- Students will not miss any school to participate on this trip.
- The cost of the trip includes transportation, lodging, most meals, a souvenir parade t-shirt, a souvenir photo video, and a tour manager that remains with us throughout the weekend. Lunch on Sunday and dinner on the way home on Monday are not included.
- All band members are invited to travel, including students in marching band AND those who are only in concert ensembles and/or winter guard, winter percussion, jazz ensemble. We believe that the educational opportunities that this trip provides (including attending a performance by the U.S. Marine Band) justifies allowing all of our band members to participate.
Payment Schedule (all fees are non-refundable) Total student fee = $595
- $100 due Oct. 1st
- $100 due Nov. 23rd
- $150 due Jan. 20th
- $150 due Feb. 20th
- $95 due Mar. 20th
All checks are to be made payable to “ADHS Band Boosters.” Please note that all fees are non-refundable because our travel agency (Music Celebrations International) penalizes us for deductions of members once an initial commitment has been made. (This policy is similar to booking a flight/hotel online.)
All band fees (including service converted to fees) must be paid in full by May 8. Students showing outstanding balances after this date, with no plan to pay-off the outstanding fees, will not be permitted to participate. If you need to make alterations to the above payment schedule, please contact the Co-Treasurers (email@example.com ). Students who do not remit fees on time, without notification, will not be able to attend. Parents interested in chaperoning can indicate so on Trip Intent form, found online. Seniority and service to the organization – particularly experience working around the students are important factors in chaperone selection. There are two payment options:
- Fill out the online Trip Intent Form and submit the $100 deposit online, using PayPal (if applicable).
- Fill out the online Trip Intent Form and then send in the $100 deposit (if applicable).
Checks should be made out to ADHS Band Boosters and should be mailed to:ADHS Band Boosters P.O. Box 293 Cary, NC 27512
Please take a moment to fill out the Trip Intent Form, even if your student/family is NOT planning to participate in the trip.
Here’ the link to the online Trip Intent Form:
Looking forward to this great trip!