The purpose of this letter is to provide information concerning our LAST COMPETITION OF THE SEASON at NORTH DAVIDSON H.S. this Saturday as well as several important dates coming up in November! Please read this entire post.
NORTH DAVIDSON H.S. COMPETITION
Saturday, November 2, 2019
Report to Athens 12:15pm
Rehearsal in new stadium 12:30pm
Return to band room; load equipment/uniform 2:15pm
Inspection in senior lot 3:15pm
Depart for North Davidson H.S. via activity busses 3:30pm
Arrive NDHS 6:00pm
Eat dinner (provided by boosters)
Awards Ceremony 9:45pm
Depart North Davidson H.S. 10:45pm
Arrive Athens Drive 1:15am
Important Competition Day Logistics
- Please plan to remain on-campus between our rehearsal and inspection as there will likely not be enough time for students to safely leave ADHS. You may bring a snack/late lunch if you think you’ll be hungry after rehearsal.
- The students may wear clothing of choice to North Davidson HS. These may be the same clothing that you wear on the way back to Raleigh; however, you may wish to bring a sweater/hoodie/light jacket as it is going to be chilly in the evening!
- The boosters will provide a meal for the students when they arrive on the campus of NDHS.
- Our boosters will provide a light snack for the students’ ride back to Raleigh.
- It’s our last show of the season! I realize that it is a hike – but consider coming out to route on our band! We’ve performed so well this season… (2nd place overall in 2 shows and 3rd place overall in 3 shows). Maybe we’ll bust through and win it ALL this Saturday?? Plus, we need parents to help with props!
- This Thursday’s rehearsal on 10/31 will end at 4:30pm. BOO!
- Our band BBQ is this Friday, Nov. 1 at the Swift Creek Community Center. There is NO SCHOOL on this day – so just come and EAT…and help us! Thank you!
- Our Fall Concert featuring our Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble will be next Tuesday, Nov. 5 at 7:00pm in our auditorium. The concert is FREE and refreshments will be served at its conclusion (around 8:45pm). We will also be inducting our new Tri-M National Music Honor Society Members.
- Winter Percussion clinics will be held next Wed., Nov. 6th from 6:00-8:30pm and Tuesday, Nov. 12 from 3-5:30pm. Auditions are Wed. & Thurs. Nov. 13th & 14th from 3:00-5:30pm. There will be a parent orientation meeting on Nov. 6th during the clinic. ANY BAND STUDENT may participate in the Winter Percussion Line regardless of experience. We can teach you a percussion instrument provided that you already play another instrument.
- Information about our Winter Guard will be available soon.
- There will be no marching rehearsals the week of Nov. 4 & 11. (Weird, right? You’ll be pacing the halls wondering what to do… Practice your Christmas Parade music!)
- We will have 2 Christmas Parade rehearsals on Nov. 19 & 21 from 3-5:00pm. The Raleigh Christmas Parade is Saturday, Nov. 23 followed by our Marching Band Banquet in the cafeteria 1:30-4:30pm.
- Thank you to everyone who parked cars at the State Fair this year. This fundraiser was a HUGE SUCCESS! We could not operate this program at such a high level without you.
- Our Dewey’s Store in Waverly Place opens soon! YUM! We’ll be organizing some groups to play at this store in a few weeks.
Thank you for all you do for our students and our band!