Dear Athens Drive H.S. Marching Band Family,
It’s POST CAMP! Woohoo! We’re back at school more united than ever after a TERRIFIC BAND CAMP!
Just a few quick reminders about events for the next 3 weeks:
- Post camp rehearsals are 6:30 pm-10:00 pm August 3, 4, 5; 10, 11, 12; and 17, 18, 19.
- All students should be AT THE PRACTICE FIELD ready to stretch promptly at 6:30 pm unless the weather is adverse. In this case, we will meet in the band room.
- Rehearsals will end in the band room at 10:00 pm. I will always do my best to release the kids on time; however, please allow a few minutes for packing up and “housekeeping chores.”
- Students need to bring their instrument/equipment, music, drill folder, bug spray, and WATER BOTTLE to every rehearsal! They should treat these items as part of their body!
- We will normally rehearse at our practice field until 8:15 pm and then continue rehearsal indoors (either as a full band or in sectionals) until 9:45 pm. At 9:45, we will have announcements and dismissal.
*I will be at school at 5:00 pm each day; students are welcome to come to rehearsal early to practice on the “big instruments,” check-off music, or work with section leaders. They may even go down to our practice field to practice their drill.
*I will be out of town on August 10, 11, 12 attending a significant event for my daughter. The administration has approved this absence and I am told one of the administrators is likely to be on-site during our rehearsals. I am confident that the marching band staff and leadership team will run the rehearsals effectively.
*I will be sending you another letter regarding after-school rehearsals in a few weeks.
Thank you for your support of your child(ren)’s interest in BAND!