Hey Band Families!!
It’s almost here… The time we are ALL so excited about…
STATE FAIR PARKING @ Gregory Poole
This fundraiser is important to our BAND and to each of our personal band accounts. We are so thankful to be able to partner with Gregory Poole to earn money for both. It is important that we fill all the spots for this fundraiser to ensure we can continue the great working relationship with Gregory Poole Company. Our job is to ensure that Gregory Poole employees ONLY have the space to park in their lots M-F from 7a-5pm. After 5pm M-F and all day on Saturday and Sunday we are able to USE Gregory Poole Parking Lots to earn money for our ATHENS DRIVE BAND!!
We wanted to give you all some information for the upcoming event.
1. Fair Dates: October 17-October 28
2. Opening Date for Sign Up: September 22 @ 10am. Please only sign up for 5 shifts so EVERYONE has an opportunity to sign up. There will be an opportunity to sign up for extra shifts after 1 week of sign up open.
3. State Fair Parking Shifts will be: 6:45am-12pm 11:45am-5pm 4:45pm-10pm
4. WEEKDAY shifts earn $30 per shift. WEEKEND shifts earn $40 per shift.
Marching Band service credit can be earned as well at $35 per shift for 5 shifts.
This means you could earn $75 per Shift !!!!!! AWESOME.
We want to do our best to ensure the safety and care for all of our volunteers.
NEW THIS YEAR:
1. We ask for your cell number when signing up for shift online. We will set up a GroupMe for each day you work so we can have communication between all the lots.
2. There will be a SIGN IN SHEET that you MUST sign in order to earn money for your child’s band account. This is a way that we can take attendance.
3. It is important that if you sign up for a shift you work the ENTIRE shift to ensure that fair financial credit it is being awarded.
4. At the beginning of the shifts that charge for parking each volunteer will be given $100 in change to use for your shift. This will be handed out by the FLOATER.
5. Cancellation Policy: At least 3 days notice prior to your shift or $30 will be charged to your band account.
Please wear comfortable shoes, dress for October in NC (LAYERS!!), bring a chair, water, snack and a positive attitude. We have the opportunity to work beside some amazing band families that may become your best friends. We also have the opportunity to show Gregory Poole employees and State Fair Guests how AWESOME Athens Drive Band is!! We must live the values that DOC teaches our kids everyday!
Feel free to reach out to us with any questions or concerns.
Your dedicated and passionate State Fair Parking Committee,
Aurelia Altman and Stephanie Eyster