Start Time: 8:00PM
President (Mary Knierim): Welcome.
Treasurer’s Report (Jean Burroughs):Fundraisers: We are within $2900 of our fundraising goal for the year. This year’s fundraisers have put $60,000 in band accounts. Spring BBQ should fill the $2900 gap. BBQ needs volunteers to scoop, serve, and deliver on event date. Needs folks to solicit business orders prior to event. Needs everyone to bake and send in desserts packaged in $1 portions. Band Accounts: Band accounts should have $0 balance as of today unless your student is in a winter program, in which due date is mid-month. Reimbursements: Please turn in all reimbursement requests asap.
Ways and Means
- PNC (Tabitha Groelle): Only 18 more known events for 14-15 season. Currently, last scheduled event is late June. Contract runs through August. Still need workers for hockey games. Looking for co-chair.
- Bulls (Neal Smith): Season starts in 6 weeks. Need co-chair. As part of new contract, must have *2* chairs before signing. Bulls fundraiser puts $18,000 into band accounts and $8000-$9000 into general fund per season. Essential for having funds available to cover our summer expenses, which include band camp In August. Centerplate is no longer the company in charge of Bulls concessions. This year Bulls City has the contract. Some of the operational changes include our ability to choose which games and stand(s) we would like to work; however, there will be a lot more pressure to fill all of our slots. We will be expected to have correct number of folks reporting for the games we agree to work. A manager from PNC is helping Bulls City with their setup. Can see the PNC influence in the contract terms.
- BJs (Christina van Dorsten): Fundraiser extended a couple of times due to weather. Ends tomorrow.
- Grocery Cards & Scrip (Jean Burroughs): Going good. Jean has grocery cards on hand for purchase.
- Let’s Eat! (Kim Lowe): Our Let’s Eat! fundraiser at Dickey’s Barbecue Pit at Crossroads Cary was cancelled due to weather. Event will be rescheduled for April (date TBA). A Let’s Eat! fundraiser is being planned for May at Noodles & Company also at Crossroads in Cary.
Cary Music & Arts Festival (Mary Knierim): Date is Sunday, April 26th from 3-9pm. Free entry with donation requested. ADHS Orchestra will be first performance. ADHS Wind Ensemble will close. ADHS Jazz Ensemble also performing. Raffle. Bring picnic. Flyers will be coming available soon.
Winter Guard (Michael Bynum): Earned 2nd Place in Clayton. Competing in double-header this weekend at Western Harnett with performances at 2:07pm and 7:07pm. Next weekend is overnight competition in Chesapeake, VA. Two weeks later performing at AIA Finals in Dorton Arena, Raleigh. Then Spring Break and Exhibition at ADHS on April 6th.
Winter Percussion (Sherry Skinner): Last weekend’s competition was cancelled. Headed to Spartanburg, SC this weekend.
Communications (Kim Lowe): Athens Drive Band’s mobile app is now available for download from the Apple Store; however, we have requested a name change for cosmetic reasons. We are waiting for name change to go through before formally announcing to group. Google Sites version for androids will be available soon.
Director’s Comments (Dr. Markoch): Recruiting underway for next year. Instructors are talking up our program a lot. They like our philosophy of “Education comes first”. We are supporting our kids as well as community musicians. Marching Band show is being written right now. Seeing seniors start to move on and new grass (our Juniors) starting to come up. Drum Major and Section Leader auditions coming up. Dillard Drive Middle is going to bring whole band over, maybe for lunch, sometime in April or May. Hoping that getting them in our band room will enhance recruiting.
Next meeting, Thursday, April 9, 2015
Meeting Adjourned: 9:00PM