Hello Band Families!
We are looking forward to another fun filled weekend during our upcoming competition at John Holmes High School in Edenton. We enthusiastically invite you to join us, your presence makes a difference!
Here are a few details – please read thoroughly.
• Please make sure your student arrives at school with their “Be A Sport” show shirt, black calf-length socks, and something to eat after rehearsal – a packed lunch (as they will have NOT HAVE time to LEAVE campus for lunch).
• Dinner will be provided by the boosters at the competition when arriving at JHHS.
• Also, if your student requires an INHALER OR ANY OTHER NECESSARY MEDICATIONS, they need to carry it with them AT ALL TIMES! At competitions, the buses usually park very far away and are NOT accessible. There are pockets in the uniform jackets that can hold an inhaler very easily.
• Many students like to change into more comfortable clothes for the bus ride home. If your student would like, they can bring a change of clothes.
• We’ll send a REMIND message regarding arrival time to Athens.
*****After the competition, PLEASE pick your student up in the SENIOR LOT*****
Our semi will be pulling in to park and unload, it needs all of the space near the band entrance.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Michaele & Suella
Be A Sport, join our team!
JOHN HOLMES H.S. COMPETITION
[aka “PEANUT FESTIVAL BATTLE OF THE BANDS”]
Saturday, Oct. 6, 2018
Report to Athens * 10:15am
Rehearsal in new stadium 10:30am
Return to bandroom; eat; change; load equipment 12:30pm
Inspection in senior lot (in ½ uniform) 2:00pm
Travel to John Holmes H.S. via activity busses 2:15-5:00pm
Eat dinner (provided by boosters) 5:15pm
Warm up begins 6:30pm
Awards Ceremony 8:15pm
Depart JHHS 9:45pm
Arrive Athens Drive 12:30am